Firstly announced in March 2019, Apple Arcade, a video game subscription service, was released on September 19, 2019. As it is evident from the name, the Arcade platform was developed and published by Apple. A service provides users with access to dozens of different popular games, including Agent Intercept, Dear Reader, Neo Cab, and Punch Planet. All these games are from various developer teams. Arcade is available on four operating systems (spoiler: all of them are powered by Apple Inc.): iOS, iPadOS, macOS, and tvOS. No matter what platform you use, you can easily uninstall the service or cancel the subscription on your device. Here is an ultimate guide on how to do it. Let’s begin with iOS!
How Apple Arcade Subscription Works
Before we continue, we think that it is better to tell you about the subscription and how it works in Arcade first. As it is a subscription-based platform, you need to pay a certain amount of money to get access to the content, in our case, we are talking about games. There are two types of subscriptions: monthly and annually. So, if you pay money for one month ahead, and then decide to cancel a subscription, you need to remember that there is NO MONEY RETURN! You will use the application until the period ends. Another case, if we are talking about a free trial. Here, you will lose access to all games immediately, even if your trial does not end. By the way, if you want to cancel a subscription during the trial, you need to do it at least 24 hours before this period ends, otherwise, the money for the next subscription period can be charged.
Please read a conclusion and most important rules:
- If you cancel a subscription, you will keep using the application before the next billing date;
- If you cancel the deal during the trial, you will lose access to all content items immediately;
- Do not forget to cancel a subscription 24 hours before your trial period ends.
Cancel On iOS Or iPadOS
There are a few easy steps to cancel the Apple Arcade subscription on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings;
- Press your name;
- After that, tap the “Subscription” button;
- Then find Apple Arcade and tap it;
- Here you can change the subscription or cancel it. For this, tap “Cancel Subscription” on the bottom.
Note, if you can not find the service among your subscriptions, it means that you have already canceled it. Another problem you can face is that you may not have a “Subscriptions” tab in the Settings. In this case:
- Open Settings, and then “iTunes & App Store” instead of the “Subscriptions” tab;
- Press your Apple ID;
- Choose “View Apple ID” option;
- Sign In and scroll down until you find a “Subscription” tab. Finally, tap it.
Cancel On Mac
Canceling on Mac is a little bit different process, but it is still as easy as canceling on iOS or iPadOS. Follow these steps:
- Open Apple Store on MacBook;
- Find your name on the bottom of a sidebar and click it (the alternative variant is press this sign );
- After that, on top of the window, press this icon ;
- Scroll down until you find Subscriptions. Then, press a “Manage” button;
- Find Apple Arcade and click Edit;
- Now you can change or cancel a subscription.
Cancel On tvOS
Finally, let’s see how you can cancel an Arcade subscription on Apple TV. For this:
- Use iPhone, iPad, or a computer to manage the subscriptions on Apple TV;
- Open a “Settings” tab;
- Choose “Users & Accounts”, and tap your account;
- Press “Subscriptions”;
- Select Apple Arcade;
- Cancel or change a subscription.
As you can see, it is very easy to change or cancel a subscription for Apple Arcade. Write in the comments on the problems you face during canceling a subscription or the questions you want to ask.